The number of subscribers switching from other well-known networks to Jio is increasing. You must first understand that porting is a procedure that allows you to change networks while keeping your current phone number. Once the porting process is complete, the new network will control your existing number.
If you already use Airtel and are considering switching to Jio, take these easy steps to migrate your number.
- To start switching your SIM from the Airtel network to the Jio network, send an SMS from the Airtel number you want to switch to Jio to 1900 with the text PORTspace>your 10-digit mobile number>.
- Soon, the current network provider will send you an SMS containing the UPC number (Universal Product number) and expiration information.
- After that, go to the app store and get the MyJio App. To generate a Jio promo code, launch the app.
- Carry your smartphone, UPC, and Jio discount code to any nearby Reliance Jio/Digital/Dx small retail store.
- You must present address verification, such as an Aadhaar card. If the local address is missing from your Aadhaar card, you must carry another acceptable form of address verification. You must also present any authorized identification evidence. Bring two passport-sized photos as well.
- The Reliance or Jio shop staff will activate your Jio connection via the eKYC procedure at your request.
- Before beginning the porting procedure, if you are an Airtel postpaid user, you must pay off any outstanding balances with Airtel.
- Transferring your Airtel mobile number to the Jio network will occur within seven business days. You won’t experience interruptions while this transitional period is in effect when using Airtel services. You will be notified that the new network will cover you once the porting is done.