Forgetting one’s SBI online password might result in a great deal of needless mental suffering. But the State Bank of India has simplified and streamlined the password reset process. You can change your password without going to a branch; everything can be done online. The procedures to take if you’ve forgotten your SBI online banking password or profile password are shown below.
SBI online banking password reset
- Step 1: Visit the SBI online banking home page (https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm), where you typically input your user ID and password.
- Step 2: Click the “forgot Login Password” icon that is located underneath the password entry field. Select it, then select “next step.”
- Step 3: A new page appears, where you must enter the upcoming data.
b. Account Number
d. Registered mobile number
e. Date of birth
f. Verification text/Captcha
- Step 4 will take you to the next page, where you must enter your One-Time Password and confirm that it has arrived in your registered mobile number’s inbox. One-time password entered, confirm by clicking “confirm” button.
- Step 5. There are now three ways to retrieve a password online:
- Through Atm Card Details
- Remember your profile password
- Forgot profile password
A) Reset your ATM password Details:
You must use your ATM or debit card to make a 1 rs payment in order to restore your profile password using this technique. To reset your password, enter your card number, expiration date, cardholder’s name, PIN, and captcha. Here is an example:
B) Should You Recall Your Profile Password
a. In the fifth step, choose the second option, “remember profile password,” and then press the submit button.
c. A new page will now open, requiring you to enter your profile password. Enter your password, then hit “Submit.”
c. Next, enter your new password twice and press the “Submit” button. That’s it; you may now log in to your SBI NetBanking account using your new password.
C) In the event that you forget both your login and profile passwords, select the “forgot profile password” option in the fifth step and press the Submit button. You may reset your password at the branch or have a new login password mailed to your house by utilising this function. Click “Submit” after selecting the one you want.
If you know your login password, proceed to step 6 to reset your SBI profile password. Use your username and password to get into your SBI online account.
Change your password by going to your profile.
C. Click the “Change Passwords” button now. You will be prompted to enter your profile password on a separate page; just click the lost profile password link instead.
- After you click there, a new page with a form appears where you may choose the Hint Question you made when you originally set up your banking password.
- Double-check the question you choose from the drop-down list and the answer you type.
- The set profile password screen, where you may input your new profile password, displays after you click “submit”. Make sure it is an alpha-numeric mix of characters and upper- and lower-case letters.
- Retype the password and select a hint question and response.
- A confirmation screen with the updated profile password displays.
You may quickly reset your login and profile password by following the instructions above. Please let us know in a comment if you are having any problems.