Customers who open a savings account at Punjab National Bank get a credit card for free. Customers can use this Credit Card to buy things online or at POS (Point of Sale) systems.
Using a Credit Card to buy things online or in person is usually safe and secure, but you should be careful so that your Credit Card information doesn’t get copied (through skimming) or fall into the hands of internet thieves. You can block your PNB credit card if you think you’ve lost it or find out that someone else has used it without your permission.
Block PNB Credit Card
If a PNB (Punjab National Bank) customer loses or has their card taken, or if they think someone is taking money from their account, they should first get their Credit Card stopped.
There are three ways for a Punjab National Bank customer to stop using his or her Credit Card: through internet banking, sending an SMS, or calling the Punjab National Bank customer service unit.
Putting a stop on the card through Net Banking
- Go to your PNB online banking account and sign in.
- Click the “Value-Added Service” choice, then choose “ATM/Debit Card Hotlisting.”
- Choose your ‘Account Number’ from the drop-down menu
- Click “Continue,” and the card for the account you picked will show up.
- Pick the number on the card. If the card number is not shown, you can type it in by hand in the place next to “Card Number.”
- Type in the IBS Transaction Password and click “Submit.”
The word that the card was added correctly to the hot list will show up immediately.
Using the mobile app to block the credit card
Here are the steps to stop the card through the app:
- Use your login information to sign in to the PNB One app.
- Click on the Credit Card option and the “Hotlist Credit Card” option on the next page.
- Choose the card’s account number from the drop-down menu.
- When you’ve finished, click “Continue.”
- The card with the chosen account will show up, and you can choose the right card number.
- Type in the password for the transaction and then click “Continue.”
It’s important to know that a credit card can’t be removed from a “hotlist” once it’s on.
Customer Service will block the credit card.
- You can also stop or put your credit card on a “hot list” by calling PNB’s customer service line for credit cards.
- To block the card, call the bank’s call service at 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222, or 0120-2490000, a paid number. These numbers are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The above toll-free lines also work with the IVRS feature. You can also send an SMS (HOT>space>Card Number), like HOT 5545620002358767, to 5607040 from your registered cell number.
Offline blocking of the credit card
You can also stop using your credit card by visiting the Punjab National Bank store closest to you. You must bring your credit card information and papers proving your identity. A person from the bank will help you figure out how to block the card.
If you lose or have your credit card taken, you can stop it or put it on a “hot list” somehow. If someone steals or loses your credit card, you must report it to prevent any bad things from happening.