Credit Card Suspension Procedure for Bank of India: If you lose your Bank of India credit card, you should immediately have it frozen to prevent any unauthorized charges or losses. The cardholder must report their lost or stolen Bank of India Credit Card and get the card deactivated immediately to avoid the possibility of fraudulent and unauthorized charges to their account.
How to Block BOI Credit Card
The account holder should contact the customer service number on the mobile device associated with the account. If a customer service representative asks for the account holder’s credit card number or other identifying information, they must disclose it.
Credit Card Suspension Procedure for Bank of India: If you lose your Bank of India (BOI) credit card, you should first have it frozen to prevent unauthorized usage. You may prevent others from using your card in several ways. Here is a rundown of the available options.
By Dialing the Support Hotline
If a criminal obtains your credit card number, he may put it to illegal use. Calling the hot listing number for the Bank of India card is a quick and simple option available at any time. The cardholder must reveal all relevant information about the credit card to the customer service representative. Get in touch using the host’s listed number below:
All domestic carriers make the numbers available to their customers.
By using online banking
Blocking your card using BOI Net Banking may be the quickest option if you are a Bank of India customer. To cancel your card, please use the instructions below.
- Go to bankofindia.co.in, click “Personal/Corporate Net Banking,” and enter your financial information.
- Enter your Login ID and Password to access the account.
- Move the mouse over the “Requests” menu item.
- To continue, select “Credit Card” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Hotlist Credit Card” to temporarily disable your Bank of India credit card.
- Click “Submit” after choosing the credit card you wish to suspend.
- Upon completion, you will receive a confirmation SMS.
By using the Card Shield iOS/Android app
Card Shield is a cutting-edge program that improves how you interact with and control your credit card. In addition to card blocking, further capabilities include limit setting, transaction alerts, and more. The next steps are as follows:
- To get the Star Token app, click here.
- The app takes users directly to the Bank of India’s online banking portal.
- Enter your Login ID and Password to access your account.
- To submit a request, go to the ‘Requests’ section of the main menu.
- Choose ‘Credit Card’ from the drop-down menu.
- Select ‘Hotlist Credit Card’, then follow the instructions to suspend your Bank of India credit card.
- To cancel a credit card, go to this page and click the “Submit” button next to the card you wish to cancel.
Shoot off an email.
Send an email from your registered email address with your card information to PSS.email@example.com to have your credit card temporarily disabled. However, this approach might be slower than calling or using online banking.
A Trip to the Local Office
You can visit any BOI branch in India if you are a BOI customer. Users who lose their cards should immediately contact the local branch to get it disabled. Visit your local department only if you’ve exhausted all other options, including the Bank of India card hot listing and internet banking. It’s inconvenient since you risk stealing or losing your card outside of regular banking hours or on bank holidays.
Don’t give up your PIN or credit card number to just anybody. Keep your passwords and login information current at all times. When getting cash from an ATM, keep an eye on your immediate surroundings.